Frederick, MD Clutch Replacement
Clutch Replacement by an Expert Transmission Shop
Here at Ken’s Automotive & Transmissions, we began as a one bay transmission shop. And while we’ve added a few bays over the years, our focus on transmission services has stayed the same. So if your vehicle’s clutch seems to be acting up, bring it into your local, expert Frederick, MD clutch replacement shop for service.
How Long Should my Clutch Last?
As a rule of thumb, clutches will last roughly 60,000 miles. Now this number can be lower if your clutch sees a lot of stress such as the case for towing vehicles—in these instances clutches can go as early as 35,000 miles. We also see newer clutches lasting as long as 100,000 miles with drivers who take good care of this component.
How Can I Tell if my Clutch is Going Bad?
When a clutch starts to go bad, it will tell us in a few different ways. The hard part is determining if a simple repair will fix the issue or if a full replacement is in order. So determining if your clutch is in need of replacement is best left to your Frederick, MD clutch replacement service.
To help you determine the issues, here are the most common signs your clutch is going bad:
- Clutch is Slipping. Over time, the built-in gripping material on your clutch will wear off. This will cause your clutch to slip out of gear because it can’t grip those gears.
- Low Rumbling Noise. Hearing a low rumbling noise that goes away when the clutch is pressed means you’re probably in need of clutch work. Common culprits are release bearings or the dual mass flywheel.
- Clutch is Wobbly. It’s possible for fluid to get into your clutch causing it to be slippery. This can lead to major issues as well as making it a challenge to drive.
- Clutch Won’t Release. If your clutch is stuck and won’t release it’s a good sign you’re in need of clutch work.
- Clutch Pedal Offers Improper Response. If your clutch and vehicle are running fine, but the clutch pedal feels mushy or too responsive you’re going to need to have it looked at. This could be the clutch cable acting up.
The Trusted Transmission Replacement Service since 1968
Since opening up our first transmission shop in 1968, Ken’s Automotive & Transmissions has focused on delivering the highest quality transmission replacement services in Frederick, MD and surrounding areas. And one of major parts of our service is the replacement of clutches. So if your clutch is acting up, and it’s time to have it replaced, give Ken’s Automotive & Transmissions a call!
A Local, Frederick Transmission Shop
We’re locally owned and operated. No franchise here. And this is something we are extremely proud of. The money you spend with us going back into the Frederick, MD community. You see we don’t have to pay yearly franchising fees which end up in another state; and we can pass these savings along to you!